Business coaching will help you achieve the same benefits as experienced by corporate America.
Although executive coaching is relatively new to the healthcare industry, Forbes cites it as the second fastest growing profession in the country. It has become the transformational process of choice for numerous Forbes 1000 companies, and their testimonials are nothing short
In September of 2008, MEDI conducted a national survey of healthcare executives to obtain data on use of Executive coaching in the healthcare industry. As a part of that survey, we asked those who have used an executive coach to report what ROI they gained from using an executive coach. The healthcare executives who invested more than $10,000 in their coaching reported that the ROI for executive coaching was 1031%. This is a return of $10 for every $1 spent on executive coaching.
Five of the more significant advantages include:
- Rapid Results – Coaching is solutions-oriented as opposed to being problem-oriented. It is specific in nature and focuses on creating clear, logical, and actionable steps for achieving self- defined goals. Those that engage in coaching find that they move rapidly in overcoming the obstacles that have previously prevented them from achieving their goals.
- Time Efficient – There is no time spent or expense incurred in traveling to seminars that are of questionable value. One-on-one sessions are conveniently scheduled at a mutually agreed upon time and day.
- Work/Life Balance – Many CEOs and healthcare professionals struggle while trying to find the right work/life balance. It’s important to remember that a healthcare career is more like a marathon than a sprint, and coaches help develop a mindset and life balance that is geared for the long haul.
- Increased Energy and Focus – Coaching is all about developing self-awareness and defining values. As a result of this self-discovery, clients experience a profound clarity of values and purpose that allows them to consistently make appropriate decisions. There is no more second guessing, starting and stopping, and worrying that saps energy.
- Exceptional ROI – Numerous studies have shown a return on investment to be extremely high. Research conducted by corporate human resource departments have shown that for every dollar spent there is an actual return on investment of somewhere between two hundred percent to one thousand percent. This exceptional return explains why executive coaching has become the method of choice for developing corporate CEOs who create corporate cultures which are highly productive and profitable.
If you are ready to experience the benefits of an Executive Business Coach, feel free to contact me for a free 30 minute session and discover how coaching might benefit you as a dentist but also your dental practice.
Dr. Joel Small and Dr. Edwin McDonald, the founders of Line of Sight Coaching, are dental practitioners, authors, speakers and Business Leadership Coaches who work with healthcare professionals to help them build more successful practices so they can live the balanced life they seek.