Benefits of Working with a Coach
Quite simply… “Leaders of Extraordinary Practices think in Exceptional Ways. They have learned necessary skills to overcome blind spots and self-limiting beliefs that impede their personal, professional, and financial success. They transform their world by consistently achieving goals that others presumed to be unachievable.”
What is a Coach?
First there were consultants. Then there were therapists. Now if you need help sorting out your personal and professional problems, you can hire a Coach - a new kind of advisor who will strategize with you in regular sessions held in person, on the phone or via e-mail.
Coaching started in the business world to help stressed out executive’s cope with their professional and personal lives. Increasingly more and more professionals are turning to Coaches to help them with time management, building a business, bringing goals into focus and helping them get further ahead.
Coaching is proven to work when these two factors are present:
- The Dentist, Physician and Health Professional is willing to grow
- There is a gap between where they are now and where they want to be
That is all that is necessary for you and your Coach to solve problems, create a new life, turn a business around, increase profitability, and design and implement a plan of action. Coaches help Dentists, Physicians and Health Professionals stay on track professionally while balancing their work and their personal lives.
What are the Top 10 Benefits of Working With a Coach?
1. Take Better and Smarter Actions: BECAUSE YOU SET THE GOALS YOU REALLY WANT. To find out exactly what you really want for yourself and your business is our first task together. A Coach will help you distinguish between what you coulda, shoulda, oughta, and have-to do and what you, in your heart of hearts, really want for yourself. Once you create the ideal goal, you’re much more likely to naturally and consistently take actions to reach it. The result is a healthier, happier you and a more profitable practice.
2. Ask More Questions and Develop Better Answers: YOU WILL STOP IGNORING THE TRUTH. You already know the answers. You simply need to ask yourself the questions that you know you need to ask. Why do I want to do this? Who will be responsible? When can I expect results? What needs to be done in order to move to the next step? How will I make this happen and on my terms? What are my terms?
Once these and other questions are raised to your level of consciousness, you will begin to develop intelligent answers because you will operate from the “present” and then plan for your future.
3. Have A Balanced Life Which Works Well: BECAUSE YOU LIVE AND PRACTICE BY DESIGN. Your Coach will show you how to design and live in a state of responsible self-fullness as opposed to selfishness (this process is called establishing your Personal Foundation and there are only 25 steps). You’ll love building your foundation because you know you’re worth it. You will come to rely on this base as an anchor for present and future oriented decision making.
4. Establish High Personal & Professional Standards: YOU BECOME IRRESISTIBLY ATTRACTIVE TO HIGH QUALITY PEOPLE. Standards are the specific behaviors and actions to which you hold yourself and your practice. You will identify your personal expectations, your personal level of performance and, ultimately, feel better about yourself and others. When you choose how you behave you become a mentor to others who aspire to excellence. By raising the “bar,” you upgrade your life and enhance your self-esteem.
5. Become More Profitable: YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN YOU’RE MAKING. “Money is the reward for job well done. Profit is the reward for a practice well run.” One of the greatest benefits of coaching is the realization of one’s self worth and the removal of blind spots and self –limiting beliefs that prevent us from maximizing our financial success.
6. Identify and Extend Your Boundaries: DEFINE WHO YOU ARE AND WHO YOU ARE NOT. A personal boundary is an imaginary line of protection you draw around yourself. Boundaries are not designed to isolate you or to make you aloof. Instead, boundaries establish guidelines for appropriate behavior. You decide what is acceptable or unacceptable behavior for personal and professional interactions.
Healthy Dentists, Physicians, Health Professionals, and individuals have “set” boundaries as a way to respect themselves and to identify the behaviors that they want to accept into their practice and personal lives. Healthy boundaries = a healthy and thriving practice.
7. Expand Your Comfort Zone: YOU WILL NOT BE CONSUMED IN THE PROCESS. A coach assists you in developing an action plan that expands your comfort zone with each achievement and success. Eventually you will no longer find yourself saying “I’ll try.” Instead you will be saying “I’ve got this!”
8. Simplify Your Life: BUSINESS AND PERSONAL GROWTH WILL ACCELERATE WHEN YOU CREATE ROOM FOR IT TO HAPPEN. Do you ever feel like the gerbil on the wheel…going, going, going and never able to get off? We are naturally drawn to keep ourselves and our lives busy and complicated. When our lives are so “crammed” full, we miss out on opportunities. When you eliminate all the “shoulds,” “have to’s,” “obligations,” and “commitments” you create room for what you NEED. Needs have priority and you feel great knowing that you prioritize what is most important to you and your business.
9. Make Better Decisions For Yourself And Your Business: BECAUSE YOUR FOCUS IS CLEAR. “ No one is as smart as all of us.” Dentists, Physicians and Health Professionals use a Coach because they know the value of sharing ideas with someone who understands them and is subjective enough to want a lot for them, yet objective enough not to be biased or self-serving. When you talk about your options with someone who will listen and ask the right questions, the difficult and confusing issues become very clear.
10. Have A Lot More Sustainable Energy: NO MORE STARTING AND STOPPING. When you’re happy, productive and free from tolerations and problems, you’re going to feel better! When you do your work with your whole heart you will succeed as there is little competition. Since it is the START that STOPS people, you will build a forward motion that is self-perpetuating.