Characteristics of a Winner
Many of you may be familiar with Frank Luntz, the red-headed, rosy-cheeked, “mama’s boy” looking, Fox news contributor.
In addition to conducting focus groups and consulting political campaigns regarding messaging, Frank Luntz is also an author. His book “Win” is a must read for anyone in the service industry.
In his book, he shares what he believes to be the most distinguishing characteristics that set winners apart from everyone else. I enjoyed his insight so much that I decided to share it with you.
As Per Luntz, winners possess the following:
- The ability to grasp the human dimension of every situation
- The ability to know what questions to ask and when to ask them
- The ability to see what doesn’t yet exist and bring it to life
- The ability to see the challenge, and the solution, from every angle
- The ability to distinguish the essential from the important
- The ability and the drive to do more and do it better
- The ability to communicate their vision passionately and persuasively
- The ability to move forward when everyone around them is retrenching or slipping backward
- The ability to connect with others spontaneously
- A curiosity about the unknown
- A passion for life’s adventures
- A chemistry with the people they work with and the people they want to influence
- The willingness to fail and the fortitude to get back up and try again
- A belief in luck and good fortune
- A love of life itself
It doesn’t matter what industry or the size of the business, these characteristics are universal.
Winners are different. They think and act differently from others, and yet, these characteristics are not totally innate. They can be learned. Each of them requires a high degree of self-awareness, which fortunately can also be learned.
I might add one more characteristic to Luntz’s list:
- Winners have the ability to recognize the value of internalizing these essential qualities. Others never come to this conclusion.
Be a Winner!
Take the next steps and experience personal and professional growth. Grab your copy of Top 10 Ways to Acquire Wealth.
Dr. Joel Small and Dr. Edwin McDonald, the founders of Line of Sight Coaching, are dental practitioners, authors, speakers and Business Leadership Coaches who work with healthcare professionals to help them build more successful practices so they can live the balanced life they seek.
Leave a Reply